Today the planet Mars moves into the sign Virgo. Of all the planets, Mars is particularly easy for most people to recognize as it manifests as our energy level, our desires, our actions, and our drive and motivation. Let’s explore some of the facets of Mars in Virgo by looking at how Diane Booth Gilliam, a businesswoman with Mars in Virgo natally, exemplifies this placement.
I asked Diane, the owner and creator of Yogastrology, to write something about Mars in Virgo for this blog and this was her response. She did a lovely job of explaining Mars in Virgo as she highlights her efforts to launch her new website:
“On our new website, which we’ll be launching on June 8, there will be a little spot for videos, homemade, very intimate, like sitting down in a private yoga therapy session. These videos feature a yoga pose and then a journaling exercise to write about what realizations come to you during the pose, really letting yourself flesh out those deep inner experiences – taking yoga off the mat into the world.”
Insights into Mars in Virgo:
- Homemade, homespun – Mars in Virgo loves excellence, craftsmanship, and simplicity on the physical level.
- Journaling – Virgo is the sign of the writer, the recorder, the chronicler. Mars in Virgo knows the value of the written word to preserve and deepen experience.
- Letting yourself flesh out deep inner experiences – Mars in Virgo works to bring wisdom from the depths to the surface of the earth, so to speak, in order to make it accessible to everyone.
- Taking yoga off the mat and into the world – again, the practicality of Mars in Virgo, the value of applying energy to what is useful in the everyday world.
More from Diane:
“The new website will introduce our new product line [12 workbooks, yoga for the current sign, a new workbook every month/every zodiac sign] starting with Yogastrology for Cancer and theme Open Heartedness — and we are — I am — thrilled and terrified and honored to able to offer our new service(s) to the world via the world wide web.”
Mars in Virgo insights:
- Note how her plan encompasses a whole system and the organized approach to the project, a hallmark of Mars in Virgo.
- Thrilled, terrified, and honored – no bold proclamation of Mars in Leo. In its place the humble offering spirit of Mars in Virgo.
And again, from Diane:
“Also included in our launch is our new affiliate program where we’re inviting everyone who has a website [fitness, health, yoga, astrology, spirituality, and all wellness-oriented websites are especially encouraged] to apply to affiliate with Yogastrology.”
Mars in Virgo insights:
- Affiliate program – inclusive and practical. This Mars in Virgo has thought through the monetization aspect of her on-line business. Mars in Virgo requires real-world success to underwrite its service to others.
- Health and wellness-oriented – Virgo is the sign most interested in the health of the physical body and Mars gives her the drive to create a business out of it.
- Notice the multiple aspects to this launch – Videos, journaling, workbooks, a new product each month, an affiliate program. Mars in Virgo applies energy in many directions but generally is careful not to scatter its energies too widely. Virgo gives a realistic sense of what is just right – not too much, not too little, moderate, in the middle.
Can you get a sense of Mars in Virgo as applied to business from Diane? Practical, useful, moderate. Detailed and organized action. Accomplishment in the real world. Service. These are the energies available to us over these next two months. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Thank you to Diane for letting us see Mars in Virgo in action. And good luck with your launch tomorrow!
To visit Diane Booth Gilliam’s Yogastrology site, here’s the link.
For an overview of the week, see the Astro4Business Week – June 7 – 13, Uranus Jupiter Conjunction
For an overview of the month, see the Astro4Business Month Ahead – June 2010
For more info on Mars in business, see
Don’t forget. If you have an astrology-related business question (or a business-related astrology question) send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll answer it in these posts, anonymously of course, and we can all learn from each other’s experiences. I look forward to it! Have a question now? Email it and let’s get started!